George Cox School Uniform Policy
A student’s uniform should be clean, neat, and maintained at all times.
From top of head to the neck:
1. No hats or hoods may be worn in the school building.
2. Boys may not wear earrings.
3. Girls may not wear long or artificial nails.
4. Girls may wear only small post earrings; no dangling or hoops allowed.
5. Students may not have creative hair designs or unnatural colors that are judged (by the administration) to be
From neck to waist:
1. All students must wear the green school uniform shirt (with George Cox logo) every day.
2. Students may wear other jackets to school which fit the requirements written below but students
MUST REMOVE OUTER CLOTHING upon entering the school building and while in classrooms.
From waist to ankles:
1. School pants, shorts, skirts, and jumpers are khaki in color and TRADITIONAL in style. George Cox uniform pants may be purchased at J & L Uniform Shop, 742 Stumpf Boulevard, Gretna. Louisiana (504) 366-6887 or other retail locations.
1. Khaki pants, skirts (at the knee or below), shorts, and jumpers are acceptable. Cargo and Capri pants ARE NOT
acceptable. Shorts must be hemmed and fall 3 inches above the knee.
2. A belt must be worn on all pants or shorts having belt loops, except kindergarten students wearing elastic pants.
3. Shirts MUST be neatly tucked into the students pants or shorts. The pants must fit around the waist.
4. Only kindergarten and pre-kindergarten students may wear pants with an elastic waist.
From ankle to toe:
1. The appropriate uniform shoes are tennis shoes.
2. Shoestrings MUST be worn on shoes with shoestring holes and must be tied at all times.